How B2B organisations can boost sales using an integrated management system
An integrated management system, or IMS, is an integrated framework that includes your quality management, environmental management, and safety management systems. The three most common standards to integrate are:
- AS/NZS ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety
- AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality
- AS/NZS ISO 14001 Environmental management system.
However, you may have others that are important to you also, or you may only choose two that are relevant to your business. A key benefit of implementing an IMS is that it will assist with the reduction of risk and is beneficial in optimizing your performance. But let’s look at it from the perspective of growing your business.
Many companies in the B2B space supply their products and services to other organisations both in the private and public sectors. Having an IMS that incorporates international ISO standards, is advantageous when tendering for work. It can often place you above your competitors. It automatically gives your company effective verification on your approach to quality, safety and environmental management. Here’s why:
- Unified approach – an IMS brings all your management systems together, WHS, QMS, EMS, HRMS etc. into a complete framework with unified objectives. This makes it easy to shine in your proposals and tenders.
- Continuous improvement – with a unified approach in place you are keeping an eye on your work methods, policies and procedures, if evidence emerges that something is not working actions can be taken to fix them. An IMS drives you to focus on outcomes.
- Consistency and efficiency – with solid systems in place, delivery of your products and services to your customers improves and mistakes are minimised. This in turn delivers improved outcomes for customers boosting your chance of referrals and repeat business.
In a B2B environment being market ready to join any supply chain is a huge bonus to your business development efforts and speed of qualification for bids and tenders. An IMS clearly charts information, workflows, and responsibilities, ensuring that you are effectively meeting workplace and regulatory requirements and your customers’ expectations.
As a trusted compliance partner, Masula works with you to understand your industry, business, the workplace, as well as advise you of your legal obligations and responsibilities across work health and safety, human resources and industrial relations to implement robust and effective IMS solutions.
In addition, we can hold your hand during the certification process. We have a 100% certification success rate!
We can show you how an integrated management system may benefit your business. Our experienced consultants have a combined 54 years’ experience in designing and integrating customised solutions for businesses across a range of industries.